The area of Jegersberg is a highly popular hiking area, both equally during the summer and the winter. Wide marked routes are accessible for both baby carriages and wheelchairs. Further out into the terrain is also reachable by foot and bicycle.
Along the route you will encounter beautiful forestry, gorgeous tarn and lakes. This includes several places to have a refreshing dive underway.
At Kalkheia you can encounter remains after mining concessions where during the 1800s there was marbled limestone extracted.
Length: Total route 17,3 km
Surface: Gravel and asphalt
Terrain: A rolling landscape – steep hill up to the view point - Den Omvendte Båt (by foot).
- Startpoint University of Agder
- Upper and lower Jegersbergvann (lake)
- Kalkheia nature reservoir with mines
- Den Omvendte Båt. (view point)
- The old post route, Gill-Ålefjær
- Grovann (lake)
- Hemningsvannet (lake)
- Gillsvann (lake), National kayak arena
- Holmenkollen (view point)