In 1912, Kvassheim Lighthouse was put into operation. The lighthouse consisted of a building containing residential quarters and towers 12 meters above the ground. A few years later, the fog signal was replaced with an electric-powered horn. In 1953, they built a nacelle front lighthouse, and there was mounted a typhoon fog signaling here. At the time it was listed as one attendant's house. Kvassheim lighthouse was serviced and in operation until 1990. When the lighthouse was abandoned and replaced with an automatic beacon at Kvassheim harbor. Kvassheim harbor was constructed as part of the effort to reduce the hardships of the Great Depression of the 1930s. The breakwater is built in stone and has served as a port of refuge for small boats and as a base for small fishing boats.